Thursday, November 5, 2009

Bogota still.

After 6 days, Bogota had lost it's thrill for me. The weather was still pleasant and cool, but the combination of a gray overcast sky and smoggy air had started to wear on me. The city is big, lots of traffic, lots of exhaust, lots of noise.

After a long day of traversing the town my eyes would burn from the air, contacts were a bad idea amid air thick with pollution. Also, the hostel had started to lose it's cool at this point as well. The guests seemed to be staying up later, being noisier and smoking more. Josh and I found ourselves waking up after little sleep in a smoke filled room, sometimes the frosted flakes weren't even out...It was time to leave.

From here we head south to coffee county.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Currently traveling through South America