Monday, September 7, 2009

Arrival in Catagena

Just got into Cartagena a couple hours ago. We got to a hostel, 15$ a night including fan, with some nice Spanish Colonial style tiled floors. We´re happy with it, we´ll see if we´re able to sleep in the heat with the fan tonight. It´s 95 F, but doesn´t feel quite that bad.

It´s great to be here. I was so nervous, but this is similar to nicaragua and mexico, places I´ve experienced and enjoyed before. I love the feel- the street food, the fresh fruit, the old buildings, the heat...it´s so different from home which makes it so fun.

Well, Josh and I just checked in to call home since that is taken care, time to continue seeing the city.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear your nerves were calmed once you set foot in the city!!! I hope you have a wonderful time as you begin your adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Currently traveling through South America