Monday, September 7, 2009

Detroit to Cartagena

Oh boy, here we go. I'm nervous and can not really explain why.

We're staying at our friend's Derek and Jen's house in Westland, 20 minutes from the airport. Despite their futon being more comfy than the airmattress that we've endured for 3 weeks I just can not sleep.

Yesterday was a sad day, saying goodbyes. My friends and family will be greatly missed as well as our sweet dog. I hope I am able to adjust to the change well.

I guess I'm nervous that I'm not quite sure what to expect. Will I feel lonely? Will I be able to relax and enjoy myself? Will I feel lost? Will I feel safe?

Hopefully it will be so fun, liberating and relaxing that I will have no choice but to love traveling.

Crossing finger, and saying prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Elisha, I miss you already! You are going to have so much fun, though. It's going to be an amazing experience! Enjoy every minute of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream last night that Katie decided to stay with you after Chile in January...quit work and travel with you all. A sign of things to come perhaps?!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Currently traveling through South America