Monday, September 28, 2009

Week 3...a new outlook 9-28

This morning Josh and Dusty left on a short hiking trip until tomorrow evening. Thus I am on my own in Merida for the first time since we´ve begun this adventure. It feels great to be pushed into being courageous. I´ve walked about town, purchased 4 different cups of coffee at different times. The coffee comes in 1-3 oz cups(plastic shot glasses) almost always with sugar and often with milk. Fed up with fried food for a while, I bought a few healthy groceries. I also enrolled in a week of Spanish lessons, it will be 18 hours starting at 4pm today and ending Friday. Hopefully I´ll learn some basics to be a bit less dependant upon Josh, and feel more comfortable.

When I was walking around town this morning I realized that I am having a very nice time. Being more courageous and trying out my meager Spanish skills has helped tremendously. Being my own leader is something I need to do more often. For the past 3 weeks I´ve been following Josh around like a lost puppy. Today stepping out and chosing what to do on my own felt amazing. I guess Josh and I will have to try to share the lead of this adventure a bit more.

Well, off to la classe de espanol.
hasta luego

3 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad things are going well!
    Oh, my address at school is
    851 Madison St SE
    Grand Rapids, MI 49507

    Sorry it took me so long to get it to you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Currently traveling through South America